Lackawanna Station Hotel
With the demise of passenger rail service in the United States, the magnificent 1907 French Neo-Classical Delaware-Lackawanna & Western Railing Station and Corporate Office Building was abandoned in 1970 and left to the elements. In 1982 a group of investors were named by the Scranton community to develop and retrofit the building into a full service hotel/conference center. The original first floor was restored into lobbies, dining, and guest facilities. The upper floors of offices were converted into 150 guest rooms and suites. The original passenger loading canopy was enclosed as a “Theme Restaurant,” with the pullman loading platform converted into a full-service health club. A new ballroom was constructed to complete the hotel-conference center plan.